10.31.2008

Why the BlackBerry is made for men

I came to a realization the other day. It doesn't matter that my new BlackBerry is pink. It's made to be used by a man. And the reason why is all because of the holster it's designed to go in to.

First off: because I am a woman, I have hips. The holster is designed to be worn at the hip. The darned thing sticks out off my side like an abnormal growth! If I wear a coat over it, I feel like people are staring at the big lump on my side. No good.

Secondly: the holster really only stays on if you are wearing a belt. What if I am wearing women's pants that don't need a belt? The holster is going to flop over and not stay on very well. And forget it if I am wearing a skirt. Why bother?

Not like any of this will stop me from using my Crack... er I mean BlackBerry.

11.3.08, ETA: Here's another reason why the BlackBerry is made for men, which was indirectly supplied by a man. This morning I showed my BlackBerry to a male coworker who said, "How do you type on that thing with those fingernails of yours?" And honestly, it's not all that easy... and my nails aren't even that long... yet. :D

No comments: